Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Claim Forms

Plaintiff's Claim and Order to Go to Small Claims Court

Once you have made your demand upon the defendant for the specific amount of money you wish to seek in court and have received no response, you may file your claim. The first step is to fill out a form called "Plaintiff's Claim and Order to Go to Small Claims Court.":

  • The form is also available at the Small Claims clerk's office or you can download the fillable form. Once you complete the form, mail or deliver it to the clerk's office with a check made payable to Superior Court of California, County of San Mateo for the appropriate amount.
  • You may also request a form packet by mail. Include a self-addressed envelope with two first-class stamps with your request.

Please refer to the Fee Schedule for the filling fees.

NOTE: If you are conducting business under a fictitious name, you will also need the following form: Fictitious Business Name Declaration. Please bring this form with your other forms to the clerk

Other Forms for Download

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.